Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Introduction of a Lifetime

My dearest readers,

Alright, so in this opening post, I figured that I'd just babble on about how this whole blog thing became a reality and stuff, so to begin I need to take you back a few weeks ago to July 24th when I entered the magical world of GLW, a leadership camp that truly altered my thinking and changed me for the better. In such an environment, one is given room to grow and evolve for nine days with 29 other individuals. In those 9 days I obtained 29 new best friends, and the best thing is that even if I wanted to, there isn't one bad thing I could say about any of them. We became so close, and I feel like our journey to NYC brought us even closer together. Well, that's when the blog idea was born, so maybe that's my ego speaking, but I truly believe that it brought us closer together and only helped us bond further. Anyways, while a number of us were lounging in Bryant Park the topic of my dramatic life arose. For those of you who participated in this discussion, please let me know (if you remember of course) how we got into that topic.

Like I said, we were lounging in Bryant Park, and we somehow got onto that topic and also how I was keeping a written account of everything that occurred during these nine days. At first, when they asked me to read my writings, I was thinking that I'd just upload scanned pictures of my actual pages and email them, but then I got to thinking how silly that really would be. It'd be a million things to download off their emails and also it'd take forever to even scan them all on to my computer, so basically it wasn't efficient enough for me. So then I decided that I would type them up, and then distribute them via email, but then I realized that was silly as well. Why limit my readers to only those who were sitting with me at the time? What if there are others who are curious as to what occurred at this lovely camp of mine? So, the idea of a blog was born, and the fact that so many people supported the idea really pushed me to follow through with it, so here I am... blogging...

I remember saying that I would start this in late August, but I've found that there's no sense in that. I'll just space out the entries so I don't make it a boring blog right away. One's life can only be so dramatic! So, as I commonly wrote in my notebook during the duration of GLW, "Here's to the beginning of a great adventure."

With Love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment