Friday, September 10, 2010

"[Stererotypes] are incomplete"

September 10th, 2010

So far I've been loving my English and french class. In both we've been discussing worldly issues, and I absolutely love learning and talking about them. Today in English we watched this speech, and I instantly thought of my GLW girls. It's a great speech; I really enjoyed it, so I hope you will too!

http://www.ted.com/talks/chimamanda_adichie_the_danger_of_a_single_story.html

There is some great information and insight within this video. Chimamanda Adichie titled her speech "The Danger of a Single Story." In it she covers the topic of stereotypes, not only in the world but also in her own life. I really enjoyed how she presented the information. She used humor and self incrimination to bring her speech down to earth and more captivating. Enjoy!

With Love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment