Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dear GLWers

September 2nd, 2010

Hey lovely GLW alum! So it's my second day of school, and I got my first AP English 11 assignment, and it is about none other than women's rights in the mid to late 1800s and early 1900s. Well, we were handed this reading (that I attached as pictures below) and it is the Declaration of Sentiments from the Seneca Falls convention. I recognized the name, so I checked in my handy-dandy notebook and it was in my notes from the History of Feminism with Julie! It's a really cool document, so I thought I'd post it.





And here are the notes on this particular reading from my notes:

(1848) The Seneca Falls Convention takes place and the declaration of sentiments is ratified by 68 women and 32 male abolitionists. Based on the declaration of independence, the declaration of sentiments states "all men and women are created equal."

With love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment