Friday, October 1, 2010

September's Update

October 1, 2010

In this past months, I have learned a lot. On my return to the dramatic life of high school where friendships either thrive or crumble, and where what you say can teeter until it plunges you into trouble. I fortunately haven't experienced either one of these in the past month, yet I've seen it occur even in the proximity of my own friend group. There has been a mass amount of ignoring people, and the cause of it is still unknown, but as of today things seem to be clearing up.

I joined humanitarian club last week, and I must admit that I am loving it. We're getting ready for our first fundraiser, which is to sell stickers (for $3) that both raises awareness to human rights but also donates money to those causes. The three causes the stickers are focusing on are animal adoption, immigration reform, and equality of sexual orientation. The last one is what I am pretty passionate about, so I'm excited to buy one. Since I am a strong supporter of equality of sexual orientation, I plan to join our GSA club. I never knew we had one until about a week ago.

Social Justice Project Update: I have further researched for this so when I go to my Principal's office with the proposal of eARTh club, I will have all the answers. I plan to make an appointment to meet with him this following week and see when I can start the club. I chose to wait a month to start working on it for this specific reason: we have a new schedule this year, so everyone is a little crazy. Luckily, things are slowing down and becoming routine so everyone is back to normal, or whatever normal is. The funny thing is that through this I've noticed certain people who would be interested in joining this club. In fact, there is a girl in one of my classes who loves both art and helping the environment. How perfect is that? I'm going to suggest she comes, but if she doesn't that will be fine as well. The bad thing about having waited is that I will probably only be able to have meetings on Fridays. It's times like these where I wish Tuesday's weren't half days.

This has pretty much been my overall September. I encourage you to comment and keep me updated about what you all have been up to.

With LOTS OF love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment